If you haven’t already, view our complete fee structure here.
The trading fee charged to you may differ from the amount quoted to you due to several reasons:
- Minimum fee of RM50.00: Should the final fee amount run below RM50.00, you will be charged a flat fee of RM50.00.
- Partial match: If your order is partially matched, the final trading fee will be subjected to the final matched order size.
Below is an instance to illustrate how partial matches may lead to higher/lower trading fee:
Buyer A creates a limit BUY order for 500 shares at RM110.00 per share, and is quoted 2.0% trading fee, considering the trade amount will exceed RM50,000.00 IF fully matched.
- Initial buy order size → 500×RM110.00 = RM55,000.00
- Trading fee applicable (2.0%) → 2.0%×RM55,000.00 = RM1,100.00
- Total amount payable → RM55,000.00+RM1,100.00 = RM56,100.00
The buy order is then matched as follows:
- Match 200 shares from Seller X at RM110.00 per share → 200×RM110.00 = RM22,000.00
- Match 50 shares from Seller Y at RM105.00 per share → 50×RM105.00 = RM5,250.00
- Match 150 shares from Seller Z at RM100.00 per share → 150×RM100.00 = RM15,000.00
- Remaining 100 remains unmatched (past Order Book reset) → 100×RM0.00 = RM0.00
Final buy order size → RM22,000.00 + RM5,250.00 + RM15,000.00 = RM42,250.00
Considering the final buy order size now falls below RM50,000.00, the applicable trading fee percentage will increase to 2.5%.
The final calculation will then be as follows:
- Final buy order size → RM42,250.00
- Trading fee applicable (2.5%) → 2.5%×RM42,250.00 = RM1,056.25
- Total amount payable → RM42,250.00+RM1,056.25 = RM43,306.25
You may view the detailed cost breakdown of every order you made by accessing the Order Summary in your PSTX Account > Transaction History > Amount column.
If you think we have made a mistake with the trading fee charged to you, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your Order no. for our reference.